Value Added Networks
What is a Value Added Network (VAN)?
Value Added Networks simplify the communication process by reducing the number of parties that you have to communicate with. VANs insert themselves between trading partners. They typically operate on a mailbox scenario where a company would send a transaction to a VAN and the VAN would then place the transaction in the mailbox of the receiver. The receiver would then contact the VAN and pick up any transactions it might have and then send anything it might need to send. It is very similar to email, but rather than being unstructured text, it is used for structured standardized data. EasyLink operates a Value Added Network that provides this ‘mailboxing’ type of service and transmits the data using the Internet.
EasyLink's Value Added Network Services
EasyLink VAN™ is a complete value added network (VAN) solution which meets electronic data interchange (EDI) and e-commerce requirements in a secure, reliable, available and flexible environment – all at an affordable price to move information seamlessly and efficiently, and to expedite transaction processing regardless of file size, communication protocol, or data format.
Features of EasyLink's VAN:
- Global Internet based VAN
- Scalable Java-based technology system
- Featuring unrivaled service:
- Detailed Audit Trails - 24x7x365 world-class support
- Protected Data Center - Reliable and secure transmissions
- Array of real-time reports - Real-time alert system and data delivery
- Extended archival storage - Web-based document management
- Extensive connectivity options
For more information, send us a request from here, or call (800) 787-4037.